Sunday, May 06, 2007

I'm Feeling That

I tried something different today, in trying to get back on track with running. Instead of heading out in the morning (which I couldn't do today), I headed out early in the afternoon. And in another departure from the usual, I headed east at the river, toward the zoo.

I thought that since the loop from the zoo to Crowchild is about 17 km or so, if I extended that to Edworthy, it would be a pretty decent distance run. And I wouldn't lose the crowds like I do when I venture into Bowness.

I wondered how it would go after my impulsive little adventure yesterday, especially at the knees. The first hour was great, with none of the twinges and aches I expected. Even the second hour was great. It was only at about two hours that I started to feel the fatigue. No hurts, just no energy left. The last half hour was a slog. But outside of that, it was a great run.

Today's run:
Distance: 22.27 km. Time: 2:06:25. Average speed: 10.6 kph.
Rest distance: 1.41 km. Rest time: 14:00.
Total distance: 23.68 km. Total time: 2:20:25.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 15C to start, sunny and 19C at the end.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 39 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 181 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 62 days.

No comments: