Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mom's Day Run

And it wasn't part of the Forzani Mother's Day Run. But I was out there in the rain.

I tried the Zoo to Edworthy Park loop again. This time I threw a bit of a variation into it, by braiding the route. That is, on the way from the Zoo to Edworthy, I crossed the river at Prince's Island, then back at 10th Street, then over at 14th Street and back again at Crowchild. On the way back I did the same. It probably added over 4 km to the run.

The rain wasn't too heavy when I got out the door, and it stopped before I was half an hour into it. Even so, it thinned the crowd. It was pretty quiet out there, although there were quite a few out running. There was a small group of protesters at Eau Claire, but I didn't catch what they were protesting. They were just getting the banner unfurled and the placards out as I passed.

Otherwise, a nice quiet run.

Today's run:
Distance: 24.18 km. Time: 2:18:17. Average speed: 10.1 kph.
Rest distance: 1.52 km. Rest time: 15:00.
Total distance: 25.70 km. Total time: 2:33:17.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Light rain and 5C at the start, cloudy and 7C at the end.

I'll find out if I'm in the New York City Marathon in about 32 days.
The New York City Marathon is in 174 days.
The Calgary Marathon is in 55 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watching the news tonight, I learned that the origin of Mother's Day is quite old, and it used to be a day for women to unit and protest against war. I believe the protestors you saw getting ready while you were running today were doing just that. There is a movement to return Mother's Day to it's original meaning, and get rid of the Hallmark holiday it has become.

Interesting, eh?

Nony