Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Again

Out with the lunch time crowd again. I rather liked the Edmonton Trail to 14th Street loop, so I thought I'd try it again. I started out with lots of energy, so my speed was up there. I was out just before noon, and going east, you don't see the crowds that you get to the west of Eau Claire. Add to that the fact that it's Friday, and the cool weather, and I expected to see way fewer people out. But the sun was trying, and I suppose that was lure enough for most of us.

I really had a good pace going, I think. I had good breath, and a good stride, with quick turn-over. Two days without a run makes a big difference. I thought briefly about getting out yesterday. The paths were clear, as the snow melted on contact with the pavement. But still, ten or more centimetres of snow, and cold and windy, and broken trees everywhere - it seemed a bit much, so I wimped out. And besides, I did two 10 km runs on Tuesday.

Just at the C-Train bridge, I ran into Carla going the other way, so I turned around, and we made our way to Eau Claire. We stretched and caught up with each other, and then I headed home.

Distance: 9.12 km. Time: 50:47. Average speed: 10.8 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Cloudy and 9C.

The Calgary Marathon is still in 43 days.

No comments: