Thursday, May 17, 2007

Early in the Day

I decided to get out earlier than I usually do. I was out the door shortly after 10:00. Not too many out at that time of day, and I ran the big loop, to Crowchild.

This morning, there was a news story about issues pedestrians and runners have with rude cyclists. I agree it is a problem, with many cyclists seeming to be totally absorbed in themselves, using the rest of us as racing pylons, or obstacles to their hell-bent progress. Whether it was that story that raised some awareness, or just that the only cyclists out at that time of day are the courteous ones, I can't say. But almost every one that passed from behind either used a bell or gave a verbal warning. Thank you to all.

And another note: I just recently realized that the emal notifications that someone has left a comment have been lately intercepted by the spam filter. There have been a few that I've missed. (Sorry, Nony!)

Distance: 10.04 km. Time: 57:38 Average speed: 10.5kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Sunny and 18C.

The Calgary Marathon is in 51 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reduced to spam... I can't believe it... :(

Don't worry, I forgive you...

Nony