Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Woohoo! It's Summer!

Well, not yet, and it's not hot, but definitely warm enough. I love running in sunshine, with lots of people around. I love the energy on the paths along the river on days like this. I think I've raved about that before.

Edmonton Trail to 14th Street again. It's almost exactly the same distance as the Crowchild loop, but it stays closer to the crowds. It's thick enough along the promenade that I was weaving in and around clumps of people. Crossing Prince's Island, I was forced to slow to a walk until an opening showed up. (I know, I know - I crab about cyclists using people as racing pylons).

Everything is so green, and all the people and sunshine - it's just great running.

Distance: 10.08 km. Time: 54:55. Average speed: 11.0 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 13C.

The Calgary Marathon is still in 39 days.

No comments: