Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Getting Outside Should Be Mandatory

It is too beautiful a day to be indoors for long. The sky is cloudless, and the air is spectacularly clear. The western horizon from McHugh's Bluff is breathtaking.

So much traffic on the paths today. I love it. It seemed like an substantial fraction of the downtown population was out walking and running. No blades, and only one or two cyclists that I could see.

I wanted to stay short today, so I ran the 14th Street loop. Nice run, felt good, although The Path Under The Stairs was a little challenging lung-wise. Maybe I was more agressive on it than I thought.

Distance: 6.91 km. Time: 37:13. Average speed: 11.1 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) A.

Weather: Sunny and 17C.

The Calgary Marathon is still in 38 days.

No comments: