Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Winter Dropped In for a Minute

Nice snowfall last night, but not a lot. Just enough to snarl up traffic this morning. I'm so glad I can walk to work.

Anyway, they got the paths cleared off, and it seemed like everyone realized we've been having this awesome weather, and they had better get out and enjoy it. The promenade from the Y to the causeway at the west end of Prince's Island was crowded! Lot's of traffic, but after that it thinned out considerably.

I was going to go to Crowchild, but things just didn't feel great, so I cut it short at 14th Street. My shoes are pretty much at the end of their usefulness, and I really notice it. I've ordered new ones, but the ones I get aren't in Western Canada at the moment, so it may be another week. Nike has made some changes, too - the Air Perseus model is now at version 3. Hopefully they still work for me.

Today's run:
Distance: 4.59 km. Time: 24:14. Average speed: 11.4 kph.
Rest distance: 123.4 m. Rest time: 2:00
Total distance: 4.71 km. Total time: 26:14

Weather: Mostly cloudy and -3C. The snow won't likely last long - just long enough to make the car wash owners smile.

No comments: