Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cool Off

Seems like my title choices reflect the weather as much as my running. But today was odd. It wasn't too warm to start with (for July, anyway) and by mid morning it had really cooled off. So perfect running weather!

I went for the 10K today, to Crowchild. I felt that I was pushing a little, and I was rather wanting to go easy. My attempts to throttle back didn't seem to work, so I finally stopped worrying about it. I actually wasn't as fast as I thought, but still was up there.

It's interesting how my perception of speed often doesn't match reality. Sometimes I feel like I'm really slow, the next day I have energy to burn. Yet the GPS says my speed both times was basically the same. Or I'll have a pokey day that feels fast.

Distance: 9.98 km. Time: 55:17. Average speed: 10.8 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 14C.

No comments: