Thursday, July 19, 2007

Staying on the 14th Street Loop

14th Street seems to be the right distance right now. I can't believe how depleted I am, even after a week and a half. Maybe that's how it's always been. Don't wanna go back and check in case I recovered wonderfully last year, and now it's just evidence of age.

Hot and not quite so sticky today, but still humid. There were some thunderstorms rolling across town this morning, and a little bit of a lightning show around 6:00 am. Now the clouds are building again, and I suppose the thunderstorm watches will be coming out soon.

But a great running day. People are everywhere, and lots are running. There were a couple doing speed intervals, yo-yoing past me every few minutes, and then slowing to walk and I'd pass them.

I don't mind the heat for running, actually. It's better when the air is drier, but I seem to have a tolerance for it. Sweating actually feels good when I'm out there. But I wish I could turn off the tap when I stop. Ick.

Distance: 6.24 km. Time: 40:47. Average speed: 9.2 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Sunny and 24C.

No comments: