Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Truth in Pictures

I'm working on getting some pictures from the friends who met me at the finish. Caroline took this one of Byron and I after I got through the finish line. Actually, it was after I got through the food tent. By then, the knees weren't so wobbly.

Here's me at the 42 km marker; just two hundred metres to go. It might be hard to tell, but at this point, I was in a total fog of fatigue and pain.

And what greeted me at the finish line, when that picture was taken:

Byron at the ready at the 19 km marker, his son Mitchell inspecting.

And one more - me running into the distance, about to cross the finish.

Thanks, Caroline.

And from Byron, the picture that started it all:

Uh, thanks, I think...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A picture says 1000 words!

I don't even want to KNOW how you let that happen to you in the first place!

LOL!

Nony

Anonymous said...

I can see why you went to contacts
congrats on another successful run, and a very nice time, no wonder you had wobbly knees.
W