Sunday, July 01, 2007

One More Long One

Just a moderately long run to keep things loose and ready for next week. It was a fun and fairly fast one to Edworthy and back. At least it was faster than I thought it would be.

As for next week, I don't know how ready I am, but I'm in for the duration. I don't think I'll have a new PR out of it, but ya never know.

Today was more for getting out and saying hi to everyone. Lots of people out enjoying summer. Otherwise, nothing much to comment on, except maybe the crowds at Prince's Island for the July 1 festivities.

Today's run:
Distance: 16.37 km. Time: 1:31:29. Average speed: 10.7 kph.
Rest distance: 1.04 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 17.41 km. Total time: 1:41:29.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Sunny and 16C to start, climbing to 18C at the end.

The Calgary Marathon is in 6 days.

2 comments:

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

You're very much ready for this weekend's marathon, you'll be just fine considering all the long runs you've been doing.

As for a PR, just relax and enjoy yourself as best you can while giving yourself room for the challenge. I've never PR'd when I just went out and told myself before a race 'this is it, today will be a personal record', because it always backfires on me. It only happens when I'm least expecting it and everything feels right.

So relax, make those training runs pay off, and you'll be fine. A PR is only icing on the cake, the race is the thing.

Best of luck!

Kelly said...

The man speaks truth. Not expecting or even hoping for a PR, frankly. And I will finish.

Thanks, Mr. Satan!

Kelly