Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hot and Sticky

What is it with all the humidity? It's been really high lately, though not entirely unbearable. (I just ran in it, after all.)

The aftermath of the marathon is still there, in a shaky feeling right knee and some soreness in the groin. I found I was also feeling it in the calves, not unexpectedly, and in the quads, surprisingly. The heel pain was there right off, but was disappeared by the end of the first mile or so.

I planned to run the 14th Street, but I was staying aware of the C-Train bridge, just in case. Heck, I was ready to just do a short loop around Prince's Island, which would have been about 3 km, and that would have been fine. But it felt quite good out there, despite the heat and humidity.

In the end, 14th Street was just about right, even if I was a little slow. A nice loosening up after a week and a half of recovery.

Distance: 7.12 km. Time: 43:14. Average speed: 9.9 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 27C, even a little hazy. Humidity is 71%, and hasn't been below 60% for days. Normally, it's around 30% or so. Bleah.

No comments: