Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Short One

14th Street today. Nice mid-morning run, with little traffic, not too hot, and just a lovely, sunny day.

Current running wisdom says a cadence of about 180 steps per minute is optimum, which always seemed fast to me. So I tested it out, to see how fast my stride was. I counted over five different one minute intervals, and took an average. I come out at 184 steps per minute, so a little bit fast. That's three steps per second which seems awful quick, but the body does some amazing things.

Other things: Shakespeare in the Park has it's stage set up. And across the path, was a crew shooting a movie or something. Lots of people around, one holding a boom mike, lights on stands and a honkin' big reflector umbrella. Could be one of these, perhaps Snowglobe.

Distance: 6.99 km. Time: 39:27. Average speed: 10.6 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Sunny and 16C.

No comments: