Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Half Way to a Thousand

I'm starting to get into a bit of a rhythm again. Home from work and go for a run. And I think I have the commute pretty much figured out, so I'm home pretty quick.

Today was just to nice out to ignore. I was out the front door almost as soon as I came in the back door. Good crowds out there too. I headed down to the river, as usual, and along the trail between the river and Memorial Drive. I felt good enough to keep going once I got to 14th Street.

I haven't done the Crowchild loop for a couple of weeks. Nothing new to see, but it's lovely in the low evening sun. In fact, the sun was low enough to shine on the pedestrian bridge under Crowchild. I suppose that means summer is waning (or is it waxing - I never know which is which.)

Even on the crazy busy side of the river, with all the bike traffic, there were lots of runners and walkers. And coming up to the Jaipur Bridge, a big crowd of runners, probably the Wednesday night Running Room group.

There seems to be a bit of a fitness craze building around The Stairs. There are often a half dozen or so people running up the stairs, or taking them two at a time, or hopping up or going up sideways. Tonight there must have been a crowd of at least thirty. They'll have to put up turnstiles or something. The stairs have gotten a lot of use this year, and the wooden steps are pretty worn.

Beautiful evening, beautiful run. Life is good.

Distance: 9.95 km. Time: 55:56. Average speed: 10.7 kph (5:36 min/km).

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 24C.

No comments: