Thursday, August 16, 2007

Seven to Ten

I was only going to run the 14th Street loop, but I felt so good when I got there, I continued on to Crowchild.

My foot is still not over its trauma, and has been sore off and on for the past few weeks. And then there's the knee, which is also kind of tender at times. So I've been getting even more aggressive about stretching. I've discovered a great stretch for the IT band, which has been quite tight, and it seems to be working. I've also been stretching the calves and feet several times a day, and combing through back issues of Runner's World for ideas.

But the run was great. No pain in the foot at all, all the way through the run. And my knee was fine until the climb up The Path Under The Stairs, which probably affected it due to the slight lateral slope of The Path, on which the foot rolls a little to the right.

And good post-run stretching and icing felt great. I'm hoping it continues. No mistake - things have been improving, but it's slow going. This just helps things along.

Distance: 9.96 km. Time: 56:24. Average speed: 10.6 kph (5:40 min/km).

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 24C.

No comments: