Sunday, September 03, 2006

That's More Like It!

What a fun morning! Everything feels great, and I think I'm back on track. I got a great start, good stretching and warm up, and the run was just fun. Lots and lot of people out, so the paths were full of energy.

This morning I stuck to the north side of the river to start, and headed all the way to Edworthy. While there was never any kind of traffic jam, there were a lot of people out, and it seemed like everyone was glad to be out there. No "serious" runners, if ya catch my drift.

At Edworthy it was the usual, cross to the south and head back. The traffic really thinned out, because the path was supposedly closed. But there were enough people who had gone around the barriers to keep it from feeling lonely.

On the way down to the river I took The Path Under The Stairs, but the way back was by the Centre Street bridge, mostly to add to the distance. Even so I had good speed and felt pretty strong all the way through. Much, much better than I was earlier in the week.

Today's run:
Distance: 16.50 km. Time: 1:30:26. Average speed: 11.0 kph.
Rest distance: 1.05 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 17.55 km. Total time: 1:40:26.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Blue)

Weather: Sunny and 17C to start, but quickly heating up to 25C by the time I climbed Nony's Awful Little Hill.

No comments: