Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's Pouring Rain, I Got Really Wet, And I'm Still Cold

So much for the nice fall weather. Today it's raining and cold, but I still wanted to get out and run. I forgot my windbreaker, too, which made it a little more of a challenge. Still, once I got going, I wasn't too cold.

I ran down to the 14th Street bridge and back, and most surprising, met a lot of other runners out pounding the pavement, or splashing in the puddles as it may be. There were even six guys playing rugby on the grass. That would have been too slippery for me.

I had a little trouble with the shoes, too. For most of the run they were OK, but then the right insole started to bunch up under the arch of my foot. I stopped once and got it flattened out, but it lasted about three paces before it started to bunch up again. Hopefully, they won't do that when they're dry again. Right now I have them, and all my other gear, arranged on the floor in front of a fan. That breeze is probably why I still feel chilled.

Most of the run was pretty driven. I guess I had a pretty stressful morning, so I had some tension to burn off. My GPS said I was over 12 kph for the first ten minutes or so. Then the battery died. I guess I forgot to turn it off yesterday.

Anyway, I'll estimate 11.5 kph for the whole run

Today's run (all numbers estimated):
Distance: 4.84 km. Time: 25:15. Average speed: 11.5 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow)

Weather: Rain and 7C.

No comments: