Sunday, September 10, 2006

I Was Cookin'!

Oh, man, what a great run. Fast and fun, with lots of energy. I really enjoy the distance runs lately.

I had a little motivation today, to get out and done early. Tru was volunteering at Spruce Meadows this morning in the Molson Cup. She suggested I come down after it was done, and she would give me the insider tour.

Anyway, I headed out the usual way, down The Path Under The Stairs and across the foot bridge at Prince's Island, to the promenade near Eau Claire. From there I was off to the west again, to Edworthy Park - the usual route. Across the river again there, and back along Parkdale Boulevard/Memorial Drive, and then up The Path. I felt really good, really strong, and I was (for me) just smokin' along the paths.

Today's run:
Distance: 16.22 km. Time: 1:23:20. Average speed: 11.7 kph.
Rest distance: 1.03 km. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 17.25 km. Total time: 1:32:20.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Blue)

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 15C to start, but sunny and 19C at the end.

By the way, Spruce Meadows was awesome! Tru is very knowledgeable about the sport of show jumping through her children's involvement in it, and it was great to learn about it through her. Her volunteering also gives her a little inside knowledge about the personalities, both horse and human, that blanket the place. Way too fun! And way too much sun - I'm glowing a little (oops).

No comments: