Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I Needed the Break

After a crazy-busy morning, it was good to get the heck out and run. I was supposed to meet Chris and Mike, but I got held up at work, having to deal with some things before I could go. So I started out from Sein Lok Park rather than go to the Y to try and meet them.

Once I got out there, I decided on the reverse 14th Street loop in case I could meet up with people. And I had energy to burn. I was pushing pretty hard along Memorial Drive. Just before 14th Street, I did meet Chris and Mike. They had just met on the 14th Street bridge, and were heading east along Memorial, so I joined them.

After running hard in the first half, it was nice to slow down and visit. When we got to the suspension bridge to Prince's Island, we walked as Chris finds it's bouncing to be hard on the knees when running. After that we stayed left and came up on the east side of Eau Claire, where Mike left us, and Chris and I continued on to Bow Valley Square.

Today's run:
Distance: 5.60 km. Time: 30:38. Average speed: 11.0 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow)

Weather: Cloudy and 12C, although there were rain showers in the area.

No comments: