Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Run in the Fall

I got out for a short run at lunch today, just down to 14th Street and back. It's a perfect fall day, and the running is marvelous. There are lots of people out on the paths, but it's not crowded. Leaves everywhere, and the trees are becoming pretty colourful.

Usually when I run the 14th Street loop, I'm just under 5 km, so I thought I'd try to run it out at least that far. But I got to 4.96 km, and the buildings downtown kinda closed in so the GPS lost its way. Maybe next time I'll detour around Prince's Island, to add a couple hundred metres.

Today's run:
Distance: 4.96 km. Time: 28:22. Average speed: 10.5 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow)

Weather: Mainly sunny and 19C. They were predicting 40 kph winds this morning, but those never materialized.

No comments: