Thursday, September 14, 2006

Not Quite So Wet Today

But it's colder, a little, I think. The rain isn't coming down as hard as it was yesterday, and I remembered my windbreaker, too. Now I have to find my running gloves.

Byron came out for another run today, after taking yesterday off. We started at the Y, and ran the 14th Street loop. Even though it wasn't raining as hard today, there were a lot less people out. I don't think it was any colder, but maybe a little windier. Who knows?

We had a pretty good run, though. I managed to keep my feet much drier today, and the insoles in my shoes behaved much better today. I used cotton socks, too, in case the synthetics I was wearing yesterday were a factor, but I never got to test that.

No GPS again today. I forgot to take it home last night to charge it, so I just used the distance posted at the Y for that route, and guesstimated our time. So....

Today's run (all numbers estimated again):
Distance: 4.98 km. Time: 30:00. Average speed: 10.0 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow)

Weather: Light rain and 7C

No comments: