Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Tough Slog Tonight

I don't know what the heck is up, but tonight was hard running. Usually I run out of wind, but tonight, I ran out of legs. About six kilometres into it, I was seriously thinking of walking the rest. But I managed to hang in for the whole distance.

My calves were aching a little by three kilometres, and the ache would not work itself out. After crossing the river at Crowchild, things were really beginning to drag, with sore calves, sore feet and depleted energy.

Somehow I managed to keep going, just looking to get to the next lamp post or whatever. The Path Under The Stairs was brutal, and I felt like I was barely moving. It seemed to take forever to get to the top. After that, it was a hard slog to where I usually stop, but I made it.

Today's run:
Distance: 9.95 km. Time: 55:40. Average speed: 10.7 kph.

Weather: Partly couldy and 23C. Not particularly hot.

No comments: