Sunday, August 27, 2006

Contemplative Run This Morning

There is a person that I know. I never got to meet her, but she had a really good friend. Someone who stood by her when she went through the worst that someone could possibly go through. Someone who is also a very good friend of mine, and through who I know a little bit more of this story. Anyway, yesterday this person passed away.

I haven't talked to my friend yet about it; I'll call in a minute. It's bringing up all kinds of stuff for me, as well, as I lost a very close friend the same way last November. It's interesting how it brings up flashbacks and stuff, and the sadness and loss comes right back.

But only for a minute. Once I get my composure back, I'll call and offer what comfort I can, if it's needed.

I ran this morning in a kind of fog, not really seeing much about what was around me. The path on the south side of the river is closed between Crowchild and Edworthy while they shore up the cliff over part of it. There are places in danger of collapse. So I ran on the north side, up to Edworthy and back.

I was up and down energy-wise. Some intervals I felt like I was struggling to plod along. Others where I was flying. Lots of running traffic out, and I think a race was on as well, as there were signs marking miles.

Today's run:
Distance: 17.01 km. Time: 1:28:01. Average speed: 11.6 kph.
Rest distance: 912.4 m. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 17.92 km. Total time: 1:37:01.

Weather: Sunny and 15C, climbing to 19C. One more gorgeous summer day in a summer that's almost over.

No comments: