Friday, August 25, 2006

New Shoes Again

Found them the other day, and they're great! I wanted to get another pair of the Saucony Grid Phoenix shoes. I like having a couple of pair in the loop to alternate between. Of course, The Running Room had only one pair in western Canada, not even my size. The Tech Shop and Gord's don't carry that model. But I wandered into a Sport Chek in a mall, and there they were, marked down even!

I like them cuz they have yellow instead of blue on them, so I know which pair is which. (Well, they're also lots cleaner, but that won't last.) I tried them out today, and they're just right. Another twenty kilometres and they'll be broken in just like the others.

Today I tried a mid-afternoon run. Almost no traffic out there, but that could also be because it's Friday. I find that Friday afternoons have been really quiet downtown during the summer. A few cyclists, three or four runners and only a couple of bladers. Maybe it'll pick up later during rush hour.

Today was the standard 14th Street loop. Some day I might reverse it, and follow 14th all the way up the hill to the Jubilee Auditorium, and then cut across to home. I haven't mixed it up for awhile. I felt really good too, but then it always takes a couple of days for the glow to fade after a run with Tru.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.97 km. Time: 40:01. Average speed: 10.5 kph.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 21C.

No comments: