Friday, August 11, 2006

Another Week Done

Tru and I treated ourselves to a nice pasta dinner last night, at the restaurant we went to the night we met. And later we took the dogs for a walk, but I don't think there were enough calories burned to balance our intake.

While she hit the gym tonight, I did a run. Firstly, though, I had to pry myself off the couch, which meant a late start. But out into the evening, down The Path Under The Stairs and along the river to 14th Street. On the path beside Bow Trail, the wind broke a branch off a tree and nearly hit me with it. It wasn't huge, but it would have hurt.

Back along the promenade to Eau Claire, across the foot bridge from Prince's Island, and back up the bluff. For fun, I took a dirt path that went farther west, coming out at Cresent Road and 4th Street. It cut about half a klick off the run, but it was a hard, fun climb.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.53 km. Time: 38:40. Average speed: 10.1 kph.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 13C, with a wind gusting up to 50 kph.

No comments: