Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's Dark Out There

Cloudy and threatening; we might get rain in a bit. But it was nice enough for a run. A lot of other people thought so, too. There were lots of runners out, as well as cyclists, and a few walkers and bladers, too. It was quite busy on the paths, considering how the sky was looking.

I did the usual run down to 14th Street. On the way back, I found a real burst of energy as I started up The Path Under The Stairs. I had lots of energy and managed to keep my speed up fine. I was running to my breathing - breath in for two steps, breath out for two steps - and I pushed as hard as I could without pushing that breathing pattern. I felt like I had lots of room, breath-wise.

From the top of the path all the way to the end, I pushed hard as I could without breaking that pattern, too. I felt really strong all the way. It's been a couple of weeks since I've felt that good.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.25 km. Time: 41:12. Average speed: 10.6 kph.

Weather: Cloudy and 17C.

No comments: