Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wow!

What an incredible morning! Why am I sitting here writing this when I could be outside enjoying this amazing weather? Well, I was out and in it, and it was wonderful and sunny and there were lots of people, but now I'm sweaty and stinky and really, really need a shower, so right now I'm gorging on fruit and eggs and PBJs while I cool off a little before I jump in the shower.

This is one of those amazing days when I get to the bluff and the sky is clear and the sun is out and you can see all the way to the mountains, and they're snowy and white, and really beautiful.

Wow!

So that was a cool way to start. I headed down and across the river to the promenade and the usual path west all the way to Edworthy. Past Crowchild and the paths got tricky, as there's no plowing or snow clearing, so the snow sort of packs but not a lot, and it's all pockmarked with heels and toes, so you need strong ankles to run in it. And hardly nobody from Crowchild to the Edworthy parking lot, and the ice is starting to pile up from the natural springs that come out of the cliff and drain down along the path to culverts that channel the water toward the river, except the culverts plug up with ice in the winter so the water runs across the path, and you have to pick your way across while going hand over hand along the fence.

No coyote this time.

Nothing special about the return trip, except there were so many people out, all the way to the Prince's Island bridge. And The Path Under The Stairs was tough, except the last third where I found some reserve and pushed quite hard. And then I got that magnificent view again.

Ahhhh.....

Today's run:
Distance: 16.48 km. Time: 1:29:51. Average speed: 11.0 kph.
Rest distance: 896.2 m. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 17.38 km. Total time: 1:38:51.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Blue)

Weather: Sunny all day, 5C to start, but up to 9C by the end. Actually I think it was pretty close to zero at the start, and the temperature sign at one of the car dealers said so, too.

No comments: