Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Chinook Run

The temperature rose ten degrees in an hour last night, and we hit our daily high at 4:00 in the morning. Definitely shorts weather for running.

I trundled out the door shortly before noon, and met Michelle in front of the Y at five after. She was looking for a workout, so we did the long zoo run. Lots of people out today, enjoying the warm weather. The zoo routes were pretty busy, so I imagine the westward paths were jammed.

It's nice running by the zoo, but I so rarely see any animals. The tiger enclosure is close to the path around the west end of the zoo. With the trees all bare, I can see right into it, but nothing was around today.

We headed back toward the downtown, and Michelle said she'd let me do the talking. Apparently she was having to work a little at staying with it, but that probably means she needed to get out there. I don't think she got out at all last week.

After I walked her back to her building, I headed back home by the Centre Street bridge, and fairly sprinted up Nony's Awful Little Hill. I think that's due to my running up The Stairs lately (the ones over The Path). And then I pushed hard to the end, cuz it felt good.

Today's run:
Distance: 11.24 km. Time: 1:00:22. Average speed: 11.2 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow)

Weather: Cloudy and 6C when I stepped out the door, but an hour later it was up to 9C.

No comments: