Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Cold is Back

Just about was underdressed, but it turned out just right. I think I'll have to dig out my wind pants for another layer.

For the sudden cold, it was surprisingly busy on the paths today. I just ran the usual loop across the 14th Street bridge. The bridge was cleared recently, but the paths had a little build up. I think the snow has been steady all night and morning.

My knees were a little achey off the start today, and I can't think of why. I don't remember running hard on any downhill stretches, or being on anything uneven. But they were really noticeable on The Path Under The Stairs. I think it was a psychological thing with the snow on that slope. The Path has been clear of ice for a week, but with the snow on it, I kept expecting to find some hidden under it. Consequently, I was running quite stiffly until I got to flat ground again, and that was a little jarring, knee-wise.

If it's colder tomorrow, and the forecast says it will be, I'll definitely be adding another layer.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.04 km. Time: 39:32. Average speed: 10.7 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Light snow and -11C.

No comments: