Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Night Run

Haven't been able to get out for awhile, it seems like. It's actually been only forty eight hours, but it seems longer. The last couple of days have been busy.

I met my running neighbour just as I was locking my front door. She said the paths were pretty slippery. I thought they might be, but I didn't run into any problems until I started down The Path Under The Stairs. It was very icy and extremely treacherous on the upper half. The lower half, which is much steeper, was curiously clear of snow and ice.

Once on the river path, I did the usual 14th Street loop. It's pretty quiet out, what with the weather and the ice and it being Friday night. I saw no more than a dozen people on the paths the whole way.

One the return, I continued past Eau Claire to Centre Street and the bridge. I felt it would be a lot less trouble on Nony's Awful Little Hill. When I got to it, I found it almost completely clear of any snow. So I charged up and over and then home.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.43 km. Time: 44:28. Average speed: 10.0 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Cloudy and -3C.

No comments: