Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Magically Disappearing Ice

The chinook that blew in last night made short work of all the ice that had built up on the paths. All are just about clear now, except for a few shaded spots, and those are melting pretty fast. There's even standing water in a few spots.

I was thinking about trying for Crowchild today, but by 14th Street, I new it wasn't going to happen. Right off the start, the legs were stiff, and the left leg ached for the first mile or so. My knees were even a little achey. Perhaps I'm still recovering from Last Chance. But I had good energy.

Anyway, I was out earlier than I usually am, so I missed the noon crowd, though there were a few coming out toward the end. The chinook is still present, too, although the temperature was down from last night's high of 12C and the wind has pretty much blown itself out.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.00 km. Time: 39:59. Average speed: 10.5 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Mainly sunny and 2C, and the wind has dropped to almost nothing.

No comments: