Wednesday, November 15, 2006

That Was Long Overdue

Or it seemed like it. I haven't run since Sunday, about three days. And I had a bit of a bad nutrition thing happen last night (cravings, Old Dutch...don't ask). Mr. Tummy wasn't at his best.

Michelle and I had talked about running together today, but she bailed at the last minute. So I was off, picking my way solo through the icy bits. Actually all the icy bits are close to home, being the side streets I travel on my way to the bluff. The Path Under The Stairs was almost clear, and where the was ice, there was also a slice of wet pavement slipping by it.

By the time I got to the bottom, I still hadn't decided which way to go, but I turned east at the promenade. I thought I'd try going to Edmonton Trail and crossing the old iron bridge. Daydreaming made me miss the turn, and backtracking added a half a klick to the run.

On the other side, I planned to go to at least the C-Train bridge. I played with the idea of going as far as 14th, but seeing as how I'd run five and a half km at the C-Train bridge, that was enough. So onto the south side and the promenade, then back across again at Prince's Island, up the bluff and home.

Today's run:
Distance: 8.47 km. Time: 48:39. Average speed: 10.4 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Mainly sunny and 4C.

No comments: