Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Run

Just a quick one, actually. My daughter decided that since I wasn't going to be home this evening, someone needed to be here to minister to the ghouls and goblins, so she came over here. However she also needed to be driven to school, which cut into the noon hour a little, so I needed to get out a little early for a quick run.

I did the usual 14th Street route. The Path Under The Stairs is a little tricky today. They did a good job of clearing the snow, but there's still some packed on here and there, and with the sun on the sheltered parts, it's really, really slippery. Combine that with the momentum I build up on the descent and it's pretty treacherous.

But mostly the paths are clear. Not really cold, and sunny too. Quite a few runners out, perhaps trying to beat the noon rush.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.12 km. Time: 38:31. Average speed: 11.1 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow)

Weather: Mainly sunny and -5C.

No comments: