Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ending and Beginning

Kind of a cold crappy looking day out, but I need to get out there. So on with the running gear, a little stretching and away I go.

This is a little different. I get to choose when I can go, and I find I like the idea of a flexible schedule. But now every run, if I choose to use the river paths, begins and ends with The Path Under The Stairs, or at least Nony's Awful Little Hill. There are other ways home, too, but the main thing is they all involve altitude change. Built in hill work, as it were.

I headed down to the river, and then to 14th Street on the north side. Then back along the south side and the promenade and home. The suspension bridge from Prince's Island is a bit treacherous with the ice. It'll all melt in a couple of days, but it's that season coming up and I suppose I'll have to get used to it.

Cool. My time was 39 minutes and 59.59 seconds. But I round to the nearest whole second.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.96 km. Time: 40:00. Average speed: 10.5 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow)

Weather: Light snow and -2C, but that has to be at the airport. It wasn't snowing while I was out there.

No comments: