Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Very Nice Run

Back into feeling really good on a run. The last couple of runs, including Sunday's distance run, were a bit trying for some reason. But it was back to fun and energetic. I dunno, maybe it was having a running buddy.

Michelle joined me, and a good thing for her. The poor girl needed to burn off some frustration (life does that, sometimes). We met at the Y in Eau Claire, and headed west along the promenade. At 14th Street, we crossed the river and came back to the Prince's Island foot bridge. Then back to the Y. I walked her back to her work, and then ran up the Centre Street bridge to home.

I find it nice to have some time to get there and back. It extends the run a little, breaks it up, and I don't feel rushed to fit it into a lunch hour. Now I just have to get smart about how I dress - too many layers again.

One of the houses close to the top of The Stairs is being used as a movie set. There have been several trucks, trailers and RVs parked along 2nd Street and Cresent Road, with tents set up every where, and three police cars labeled Monroe County Sherriff. One of them even has what looks like blood stains all over the driver's seat. Today a security guard directed me down the street to the next block, as they were shooting on the street in front of the house. It's rather amazing how much goes into making a movie.

Today's run:
Distance: 8.31 km. Time: 47:23. Average speed: 10.5 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow)

Weather: Cloudy and 9C.

No comments: