Monday, October 17, 2005

Quick Turnover Times

Something gave me a bit of a boost today. My turnover rate was really high, lots higher than usual, and that gave me a pretty good speed. I did try to slow it down some by shortening my stride, but it was really hard to slow everything down. Maybe that ice bath was the thing to do, as uncomfortable as it was.

Speaking of which, the knee feels fabulous, better than it has in weeks. I still notice it, mostly if I squat or cross that leg over the other, but for regular walking and running, it's hardly even in my awareness. We'll give it some time and see how things shake out.

Today's run:
Distance: 4.68 km. Time: 25:47. Average speed: 10.9 kph.
Rest distance: 660.8 m. Rest time: 2:00.
Total distance: 5.34 km. Total time: 27:47

Looks like the GPS wasn't keeping lock on the satellites again. 660 m in two minutes? Walking??

Weather: Cloudy and 11C. Actually got a little rain shower for a few minutes; rather refreshing.

No comments: