Saturday, October 29, 2005

Cool Saturday

A little breezy out there to start, which was good, cuz it kept away those tiny little bugs that hang along the green spaces in clouds. I've inhaled enough of them on my walks home after work. It's not so bad swallowing them, but getting them in my eyes can hurt, and they don't seem to wash out easily, no matter how much I tear up. Bleah.

Tonight I was initially going to do the Crowchild to the zoo route, but as I approached Crowchild, I realized that I hadn't been down to Edworthy for a long time, so I thought, what the hey. I'm glad I did, cuz it was stellar. In the bush on the south side of the river below Spruce Cliff, the wind did go down, and the no-see-ums weren't congregating. I hadn't been along there since before the flooding in June, and didn't find the erosion from the high water that I expected.

It was pretty decent out, weatherwise, so there were lots of people out, which made it nice. I've commented before on the energy the paths have when there are others out. It makes it feel more alive to be out there.

Today's run:
Distance: 18.25 km. Time: 1:40:10. Average speed: 10.9 kph.
Rest distance: 1.16 km. Rest time: 11:00
Total distance: 19.41 km. Total time: 1:51:10

Weather: Partly cloudy and 11C when I started, dropping to 7C by the time I got back home. That's about as cool as I wanna get before I wear more than the shorts and tee. Gotta do some shopping for winter running gear before too long.

No comments: