Sunday, May 29, 2005

Switching Distance to Sundays

I'm switching to Sundays for my distance run because I'm starting tap again Monday night, so I need to adjust my schedule for the whole week. Likely Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or something.

Today was a great running day, though I think I still feel the effects from Friday's food meltdown. I had good speed and things felt good, but energy-wise it was occasionally a slog.

I took the same route as last week: down 4th Street to Cresent Road, over to the Centre Street bridge, then along the river to the fort. Then along the Elbow River, past the Stampede grounds, past Lindsay Park, along 26th Avenue and Elbow Drive, across the swingy suspension bridge to Rideau Road, and along the east side of the Elbow to Stanley Park. Under Elbow Drive and along Riverdale Avenue, and today, across the Elbow again to Sandy Beach, and even partway up the hill to 50th Avenue. Then I turned around and came all the way back.

Not so much wildlife today, just a delusional squirrel that sat in the middle of the path and refused to budge until I almost stepped on him. And on the way back by the 25th Avenue bridge over the Elbow, two rather cranky geese were refusing to let a fellow runner get by. Between the two of us, we managed to shoo them back to the edge of the river so she could pass.

But otherwise, a beautiful morning, and a great run

Today's run:
Distance: 25.90 km. Time: 2:37:54. Average speed: 9.8 kph.
Rest distance: 2.77 km. Rest time: 17:00.
Total distance: 28.67 km. Total time: 2:54:54.

Weather: A beautiful, cloudless blue sky, sunny and 7C to start, climbing to 12C by the time I got back home. Just a magnificent morning.

No comments: