Friday, May 13, 2005

A Run With Nony

It's been a long time since I've been able to get together with Nony for a run, and frankly I needed to. It's been a difficult week and I have simply been unable to get motivated to get out and run until tonight. I'm glad she was able to join me.

We headed out on the usual route over to Cresent Road, down the path under The Stairs, and then west along Memorial Drive. Across the river at 10th Street, and back along the Eau Claire promenade, then up the Centre Street bridge.

The path at the top of the bridge takes us back to Cresent Road again, and it starts rather steeply. Nony sighs when we get there while in the running part of an interval. Actually, I don't think we've ever walked it.

But then she charged it! Tonight, she took it at speed and managed to keep the pace all the way to the top. I was almost laughing out loud for the sheer joy of watching her tenacity and determination. I love how her ability to take on this climb has improved.

Even at the top, she kept to her speed, and stayed with it through the entire running part of the interval. It was a wonderful moment, but I think she was glad to get to the walking part.

Then back to our start point. Perfect run and beautiful weather, and I so needed to get out tonight. Thank you, Nony!

Today's run:
Distance: 3.63 km. Time: 25:00. Speed: 8.7 kph.
Rest distance: 2.52 km. Rest time: 24:58.
Total distance: 6.14 km. Total time: 49:58.

Weather: Sunny and about 20C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we have walked that awful little hill, but it's been so long, I don't recall exactly when...

Nony