Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Running Room Run

A friend suggested I join him at the Eau Claire Running Room tonight. So I figured why not? Except I didn't get there until just before everyone went out to start, and I had no idea where to go or what to do. After I asked someone what all the groups were, I joined one doing a hill run.

Nice slow lope around Prince's Island, then across the foot bridge, looping around the curling club to the bottom of the path that runs up under The Stairs. Just coming across the foot bridge, I passed my friend, who was going the other way. Kinda wondered if he'd made it.

There were about ten of us at the bottom of the hill, and the lead talked a little about what we were going to do. Starting there, we were to run to the first lion on the Centre Street Bridge, then back to where we started. Then repeat. Some who only wanted three runs would continue back to the store after getting to the lion the second time, while those of us wanting four hills would come back to the start again.

I think I was a little agressive on the hill. I've run them both ways a few times in the last few weeks, and I'm getting able to take them at a pretty good pace.

Once those of us doing four hills got back to that start point, we did a slow run back toward the store, where we all went our separate ways.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.56 km. Time: 44:52. Average speed: 8.8 kph.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 18C. Beautiful evening.

No comments: