Monday, May 02, 2005

Lovely Monday Run

Beautiful evening for a run. Just a little on the cool side, and lots of sunshine. I just might even be tanning a little bit.

Did the usual: 8th Avenue to Cresent Drive, down the path under The Stairs, then on to the path along Memorial. All the way down to Crowchild, across the river, and back along Bow Trail, then to the promenade to Eau Claire.

At the 8 km point, just coming up to the helicopter pad, I caught up to Nony, who was also out for her run. So I ran a couple of her intervals with her, and we chatted some. Up the Centre Street bridge and the somewhat stiff climb to Cresent Drive. I was a little surprised at how strongly she ran that incline. In fact, she caught me a little off guard, and I scrambled a bit for a minute to keep up. She's becoming a pretty strong runner.

As we crossed 8th Avenue, I bid good evening and headed home. All in all, a very satisfying run.

Today's run:
Distance: 9.71 km. Time: 54:35. Speed: 10.7 km.
Rest distance: 734.2 m. Rest time: 6:00.
Total Distance: 10.45 km. Total Time: 60:35.

Weather: Sunny and 13C, with just a light breeze coming from somewhere.

Oh, yeah, shoe update: Don't think I mentioned, but I tried wearing the Reeboks around the house for a half hour after I brought them home, and they hurt. So I took them back Friday night. I've pretty much tried everything they have, so now they are ordering me another pair of my Nikes. Now that I have a handle on how to lace them, they've become quite comfortable. They're also a cheaper shoe that these other ones I've tried.

I picked up the lacing method from Gord at his store when he was trying to get a pair of Sauconys to work for me. It keeps the pressure off the arch, but still is firm across the top. I tried that lacing in Canmore on Saturday, and it worked wonders. Very comfortable. I'm glad I discovered it before the long one next weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I surprised myself on that incline too, ya know! It actually felt better to do that than to go it as slow as I was when I started out.

Don't be thinkin' I'm gonna do that every time tho!

Nony