Monday, May 16, 2005

A Fast Run for Monday

This was a fast run, basically following the same route I took on Saturday, but only as far as Crowchild, where I crossed the river and headed back. Actually, it's a modified version of the same route I took before I moved, only I'm starting from Mount Pleasant instead of Bridgeland.

Warmer day today, so I took a water bottle. The sky was a bit threatening, too, and we are supposed to get some rain tonight. It wouldn't have bothered me in the least if it had started while I was out there.

All in all a rather uneventful run, but it felt good after the distance run on Saturday. And I wore my new shoes for the first time. Same ones as I bought before - Nike Air Perseus. Strange thing about them is they are a D width, and they feel fine. When I was trying the New Balance and Reeboks, I was into the 4E widths. Crazy. But these feel good,

Today's run:
Distance: 11.68 km. Time: 1:03:02. Average speed: 11.1 kph.
Rest distance: 692.9 km. Rest time: 7:00.
Total distance: 12.37 km. Total time: 1:10:02.

Weather: Cloudy and 23C. Actually kind of nice, though a little warm for my tastes. I suppose I should get used to it, cuz it'll get a lot warmer.

Some bad news: Nony ran yesterday, and had a rather bad fall. Nothing broken, thank goodness, but she's pretty scraped and bruised, and she's a little stiff and sore. She's not optimistic about being able to run any time soon, so we may not get together Friday. Mend soon, Nony, and take care.

No comments: