Thursday, June 02, 2005

Soggy Rainy Run

I *love* running in the rain for some reason. Splashing in the puddles and stuff. I dunno, it just energizes me. Ain't I a goof?

Tonight I thought I'd case the new neighbourhood, and headed to Confederation Park. Lovely place, with a surprising number of people actually out running in the downpour. I went all the way past the Confederation Park Golf Course, and looped around Canmore Park, getting as far west as 24th Street. Beautiful area.

Once I came all the way around Canmore Park to where the path crossed 19th Street back to the golf course, I headed east and retraced my steps back home.

Today's run:
Distance: 8:32 km. Time: 46:21. Average speed: 10.8 kph.
Rest distance: 522.2 m. Rest time: 5:00.
Total distance: 8.84 km. Total time: 51:21.

Weather: A light rainshower and 12C, according to the Environment Canada web site. Actually it varied from raging downpour to just cloudy, several times. Soggy, wet, and lots of fun.

No comments: