Friday, June 17, 2005

A Trifle Moist

Firstly, hello and welcome to Nony's mum! Lovely to meet you, and sorry about the weather. Hopefully we can do better the next time you come out.

It's been a wet, wet day, cool and windy, with lots and lots of rain. So of course I had to get out and run. I think I made it two blocks before my shoes were saturated. My waterproof windbreaker is not so waterproof. But what a lovely fun run.

I did the usual route: 10th, Memorial to Crowchild, back to Eau Claire, across the river and home along 4th. Just a little agility training, with most of the goose poo washed away. The only thing to dodge are these great, honkin' fat earthworms that are all over the place. Ick The odd soggy magpie was having a feast.

Today's run:
Distance: 11.56 km. Time: 1:04:23. Average speed: 10.8 kph.
Rest distance: 729.3 m. Rest time: 7:00.
Total distance: 12.29 km. Total time: 1:11:23.

Weather: A thunderstorm with rain, and 11C. Just about right, temperature-wise, but a little damp. I was soaked through when I got home, but it felt wonderful. A very nice, solid run.

2 comments:

Shane said...

Careful in the thunder. A runner just got hit by lightening in Vancouver this past week! Ouch!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Shane! You've just given me more justification not to run in the rain!!! Good luck talking me into in now, Kelly!!

Nony