Thursday, June 09, 2005

Kinda Pokey Tonight

At least a full ten minutes slower on this route than usual. I felt good all the way through the run, and I seemed to be getting some decent speed, but when I got home, I'd put in a whole interval more than usual. No worries, though, cuz it felt right, and the aches and pains weren't any worse than usual. I do have to watch the downhill stretches though. If my stride is too long on those, I immediately feel it in the knees. Gotta keep it short and quick, and it works out fine.

The river is really high right now. The path under the 10th Street bridge on the north end is closed. It doesn't look like it's quite underwater, but it's very close. I think the water level is about a foot or so below what it was last night at this time, and it was higher than that this morning. It will likely be a couple of weeks before I can run along the Elbow river, given that there were several homeowners along there told to be ready to evacuate yesterday.

Anyway, today it was the 10th Street, Memorial Drive, across at Crowchild, back to Prince's Island and home on 4th Street route.

Today's run:
Distance: 11:40 km. Time: 1:04:58. Average speed: 10.5 kph.
Rest distance: 723.6 m. Rest time: 7:00.
Total distance: 12.13 km. Total time: 1:11:58.

Weather: Cloudy and 15C. Not much breeze, but not much people out either, it seemed like. Everyone must be staying home to make sure it stays dry.

No comments: