Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Orange Takes My Breath Away

After having to not run last night, I really wanted to get one in tonight. It's such a beautiful day here too, sunny and quite warm. Definitely shorts and tee-shirt weather.

I went west this time, across Centre Street and around Cresent Drive, as I haven't done that route for almost a week. Managed to catch Nony about midway into her second interval, so I walked with her and talked some. Then continued on after we ran her interval. I'm really happy to see her out there.

Instead of doubling back on Cresent Drive, this time I crossed to 10th Street at 13th Avenue, then southward. I stuck close to the C-Train tracks, which meant sneaking through the alleys for a couple of blocks. All the way down to Memorial Drive, over it via the pedestrian bridge, then across the river under the C-Train bridge. The promenade along the south side of the river was fun. Lots of people out walking, biking, blading, running, and boarding. Great energy.

Then under, around and onto the Centre Street bridge, all the way up to 7th Avenue, then toward home. I had good speed all the way, and after a bit of an ache in the right shin right off the start that went away quickly, it all felt great.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.03 km. Time: 38:53. Speed: 10.9 kph.
Rest distance: 424.7 m. Rest time: 4:00.
Total distance: 7.46 km. Total time: 42:53.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 17C, but really, it was quite sunny. Nice to have a couple of warm days; tomorrow is promised to be just as nice.

No comments: