Saturday, April 02, 2005

Canal Run

This morning was brutal. I must be depleted or something, because I had no speed or stamina. Kind of ran out of steam about half way through, which unfortunately left me with over an hour of running to get back home.

Went straight east to Nose Creek, then south along that to the Bow. Downstream to the weir, then I took the pedestrian overpass across Deerfoot Trail and followed the canal below the Max Bell Centre and the past the Canoe Club. Crossed over to the other side at 17th Avenue, and continued south, past the Inglewood Golf Course and the Alyth rail yards. Actually got close to 61st Avenue by turn-around.

On the way back, I caught up with a crowd training for the Police Half and for marathon, so it was kinda nice to run and chat with a couple of them. Then up Tom Campbell Hill, to 13th Street, to Child Avenue. Cut through an alley to 7th Avenue and home.

Today's run:
Distance: 20.8 km. Time: 2:09:26. Speed: 9.7 kph.
Rest distance: 1.38 km. Rest time: 14:00.
Total distance: 22.2 km. Total time: 2:23:26.

Weather: Mostly cloudy and 2C.

I can't believe I did 20K. My interval times were awful, but there ya go.

No comments: