Friday, April 15, 2005

Another Wonderful Run with Nony

A beautiful day for a run: sunny, warm, and lots of people out doing the same thing. As I've planned, we added another minute of running to the intervals, and Nony faced the challenge beautifully, (with only a little complaint).

Nony has been staying dedicated to getting out at least three times a week, and has had a great week of running, and I'm proud of her for that. I think she's doing marvellously.

We did the same route as last time, except when we crossed from Prince's Island to the promenade, we went west as far as the C-Train bridge, then back toward the Centre Street bridge and back home. This added over a kilometre of distance, and got us past the 5 km mark, my main goal for the evening.

We had a remarkably consistent night too, with all intervals very close to 9 kph. Where we slowed a little was the run up the Centre Street bridge, where we dropped to 8 kph.

Today's run:
Distance: 2.92 km. Time: 20:00. Speed: 8.7 kph.
Rest distance: 2.52 km. Rest time: 26:25.
Total distance: 5.44 km. Total time: 46:25.

Weather: A fantastic evening, sunny and 12C. Perfect shorts and tee weather for running.

Oh, yeah, Nony found a web site with the results of the St. Patrick's Day run that I participated in back on March 13. I had totally forgotten about results being posted anywhere so this was a bit of a thrill. According to the site, I placed 291st overall out of 471, with a time of 57:22. And I placed 59th out of 71 in my age division. Way too cool!

No comments: