Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Nose Creek Trail

Another different way tonight. And it was one of those days, where things just didn't seem particularly OK, just kinda bleah, but not too bleah. So instead of my usual 40 minutes, I went a whole hour.

This time, east along 8th Avenue, and just before it crosses the railroad tracks and Deerfoot Trail, there's a side road that meets up with the end of St. George's Drive. There's a soccer pitch and a small parking lot, and a path that follows the tracks and Nose Creek. I went north this time, but the southward path looks just as interesting.

It's pretty much a straight run, under 16th Avenue Northwest and all the way up to 32nd Avenue, which is where my turn-around point was. Then I just retraced my path back home.

One thing I did, when I left the path and got back on 8th Avenue, it's a short, but steep climb up from the valley, about 30 metres vertical over about 300 metres. That slowed me down a fair amount; my speed dropped to about 6 kph. But I went hard after about 500 m and still managed to top 10 kph on average for the interval. Might not sound like much, but I was impressed with myself.

Today's run:
Distance: 9.08 km. Time: 54:17. Speed: 10.0 kph.
Rest distance: 547.1 m. Rest time: 6:00.
Total distance: 9.63 km. Total time: 60:17.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 8C. And I wore shorts this time, first time this year.

No comments: