Sunday, March 20, 2005

Photo Tour

Finally remembered to bring my camera (great idea, Nony!) and take a few pictures of some of the neater parts of the run, especially the stairs. So the run times are pretty wonky cuz I was stopping and starting, taking shots over my shoulder while I ran and stuff like that. And all the fresh snow was a real slog at times.

I was going to go down Edmonton Trail and across the river, but there was too much slush being splashed up on the walk. So I cut across to Rotary Park and the short stairway to the top of the Centre Street Bridge.


It's a nice climb after work on the walk home.

The run along the promenade was quite pretty with all the snow. And the city crews were out early to clear the paths.

Then across the river under the C-Train bridge.

From there, back along Memorial Drive to...

The 167 steps




The numbers are the elevation above sea level in metres. Just a lovely climb that's a good burn toward the end of a run.

After that home along 8th Avenue.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.00 km. Time: 39:26. Speed: 9.1 kph.

Weather: Fog and -10C, but it must have been a pretty thin fog. More like a light haze.

Started out feeling awfully cold, but once I got across the river I warmed up nicely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Can't say much more than that!

Nony